Sunday, February 16, 2014

Curtain Call


Now Bailey - Act 3 draws to its end. It lasted far longer than I dreamed possible and was filled with many truly precious moments. Still, my sadness at the end is indescribable. But, with the tragedy and with the drama, there was also much comedy and a story of love, companionship and friendships. Like Bailey's life throughout, her final act was extraordinary.

I greatly appreciate all the kind words that Bailey's followers and my readers have shared over the course of this last year, and I am deeply moved to know that my writings have touched a few people in a small way. But it is time for this blog to end (it feels good to intentionally end a blog, rather than just never get around to writing another post). I am sure that I will write again in a different forum and with a different focus (perhaps a photo-essay blog... perhaps).  I am also certain that, once I recuperate more fully and after I satisfy some wander lust, another bundle of canine love will find its way into my life. To my future pup: I apologize for setting you up with a very, very tough act to follow. That is unfair to you, but cannot be changed. I promise to try to let go of any comparisons so that we can write an entirely new and different script together, one that will be unique to us, and one which I am sure I will love as much as I did the one I shared with Bailey.

For Bailey - Act 3, the final lines have been read. There is nothing more to do except applaud Bailey's life with a final curtain call--a visual review of memories from Acts 1, 2 and 3.


Click here to follow Bailey to her final curtain call


No comments:

Post a Comment